Saad Shafiq, Christoph Mayr-Dorn, Atif Mashkoor, Alexander Egyed, "Towards Optimal Assembly Line Order Sequencing with Reinforcement Learning: A Case Study." In the proceedings of 2020 25th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), 2020.
- M.S. in Software Engineering, National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, 2017
- June 2019: Doctoral Researcher
- Johannes Kepler University
- Feb 2019 - May 2019: Blockchain Developer
- Duties included:
- Responsible for setting up a highly resilient and sustainable blockchain network architecture
- Ensured stable and robust distributed environment using Kubernetes
- Implemented Hyperledger fabric framework and worked on script automation
- Proficient in Hyperledger tools such as Hyperledger Composer and Hyperledger Explorer
- Written business logic chaincodes in golang and node.js
- Hands on experience with writing smart contracts in solidity (Ethereum)
- Created DApps (Distributed applications) with exposed REST APIs’
- Jan 2018 - Feb 2019: Software Engineer
- Duties included:
- Responsible for deployments to QA, Staging and Production environment as being the release owner in the team
- Responsible for merging the code of entire team on TFS
- Rigorously followed agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) in the development process using JIRA
- Implemented the latest hashing algorithm in the system
- Created stored procedures for reporting and analytics
- Performed JSON manipulation and Schema validation
- Enhanced product’s performance by implementing bulk insertions to database and enabling multi-threading
- Acted as a liaison between Product Owners and the team to ensure development and operations are moving in the right direction
- Designed the architecture of new modules of the system
- Developed Web APIs for new modules in the system
- Managed support and helpdesk team to always cater to client needs
- Analyzed and evaluated client requests in order to develop new functionality
- Jan 2016 - Jan 2017: Research Assistant
- National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
- Duties included:
- Conducted research to identify major research gaps in the area of Requirements Engineering, Machine Learning, and Agile Software Development Processes
- Performed Social Network Analysis on large datasets using UCINet and Gephi
- Published research articles in Tier-1 and high impact Journals and conferences
- Collaborated with the active researchers in the domain of Requirement Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning and Software Testing
- Analyzed large datasets and produced meaningful insights using contemporary machine learning algorithms
Saad Shafiq, Atif Mashkoor, Christoph Mayr-Dorn, Alexander Egyed, "Machine Learning for Software Engineering: A Systematic Mapping." arXiv preprint arXiv:2005.13299, 2020.
Saad Shafiq, Irum Inayat, Muhammad Abbas, "Communication Patterns of Kanban Teams and their Impact on Iteration Performance and Quality." In the proceedings of 2019 45th Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), 2019.
A systematic mapping study on security requirements engineering frameworks for cyber-physical systems
Shafiq Rehman, Volker Gruhn, Saad Shafiq, Irum Inayat, "A systematic mapping study on security requirements engineering frameworks for cyber-physical systems." In the proceedings of International Conference on Security, Privacy and Anonymity in Computation, Communication and Storage, 2018.
Saad Shafiq, Irum Inayat, "Towards Studying the Communication Patterns of Kanban Teams: A Research Design." In the proceedings of 2017 IEEE 25th International Requirements Engineering Conference Workshops (REW), 2017.
Saad Shafiq, Irum Inayat, "Model-driven Development based Cross Platform Application Development: A Systematic Mapping Study." Journal of Information Science and Engineering, 2017.
ETFA 2020 - Conference presentation at Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria